These coconut cashews are insane. In a good way.
Have you tried those candied coconut cashews that they have at Costco now? Oh my goodness, those are amazing. My husband is completely and totally addicted to the things. They’re entirely impossible to stop eating. So…..maybe I shouldn’t have figured out how to make them? Perhaps.
But – now I can share the recipe with all of you, and you can all be addicted with us! Doesn’t that sound like fun? It does. They’re delicious.
You can’t really not like them. Unless of course you don’t like coconut or cashews. But then, if that’s the case, I’m not sure that we can still be friends. (Just kidding – we can still be friends, but I will think you’re insane for not liking them!)
These coconut cashews are super simple to make. You toss them with an egg white, and then toss the coated nuts with some sugar and coconut and bake them for a while. So simple and so delicious. These literally take about 5 minutes to make (minus the baking time of course). That’s almost faster than grabbing the container at the store. Okay, not really. But the point is they’re really fast and easy to whip up and anyone could do it. There’s not even that many ingredients. So simple.
And the perfect little snack or treat. Or gift! You could totally gift these if you packaged them up all pretty. And….didn’t eat them all first. It’s okay though, they’re fast to make. Just make a second batch to give away if you eat all of the first one.
Pretty sure that should be the plan. Now I need to go make some more, because we are out of coconut cashews again – so we obviously need some.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups roasted, unsalted cashews
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, coconut and salt until well combined. In another bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Add the cashews to the bowl of frothy egg whites and toss until the nuts are completely coated. Then pour the coated nuts into the bowl with the coconut and sugar mixture and toss until they are well coated. Pour the nuts onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them out evenly. All the coconut mixture won’t stick to the nuts, it’s okay, just pour it onto the baking sheet with the cashews and most of it will bake onto the nuts in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Allow the nuts to cool completely on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.